Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

DISHY NEWS THIRD ANNIVERSARY!



On January 17, Dishy News celebrated its third anniversary.  As I have done in past years, I shall list the posts that were most popular with my readers.

The Temperance Movement on Transferware

"D Was a Drunkard/And had a red face" is printed on a plate intended for a child.  It's never too early to teach temperance.

Mozart, The Magic Flute, The Masons And America

Ralph & James Clews States pattern.  What does this platter have to do with Mozart's "Magic Flute?"

Crimean War Again
Polychrome pot lid, "Alma," by John Thomas & Joseph Mayer (1842-1855).  Why is the Crimean War still relevant?

Cumulative Rhymes On Children's Pottery

"The History of the House That Jack Built" child's mug.  What do nursery rhymes have to do with brain development?

The Dog In The Manger And Aesop's Fables

Spode (1770-1833) "Aesop's Fables, The Dog in the Manger" 19 inch platter. 

"Quadrupeds" and Aesop's Fables

John Hall (& Sons) 1814-1832 "Quadrupeds" 9.75 inch soup plate with a musk deer at the center.  What do the patterns in the border have to do with Aesop's Fables?

Read Dishy News First Anniversary and  Dishy News Second Anniversary to see some of my favorite posts.  Let me know which posts you like best.  I have published 219 posts!

Some of my favorite patterns. 

Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment