Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

DISHY NEWS SECOND ANNIVERSARY!




Transferware Patterns number in the many thousands.  Here are a few of my favorites.

I started my Dishy News blog on January 17, 2013.  During the past two years, I have published 173 blog posts.  As I said last year, this is a personal blog about transferware patterns and shapes as well as my life.  I was introduced to transferware by my mother and grandmother, so this is a lifelong love and learning experience.
 
As my readership has grown, it has been interesting to see which posts are popular.   Here are  links to my readers' favorite posts.

Patterns from my favorite blog posts

What is a Bourdaloue?
Yellow Transferware
Spode's Convolvulus Patter #2
Shells
Transferware Spitting Cups
Quadrupeds and Aesop's Fables
The Dog in the Manger and Aesop's Fables
Boston Meeting
Yellow Printed Brownware
Dishy News First Anniversary!
Cumulative Rhymes On Children's Pottery
Crimean War Again
Mozart, The Magic Flute, The Masons And America
The Temperance Movement On Transferware
Inappropriate Or Frightening Patterns For Children

Some of the above posts are my favorites too, but here are some other personal favorites.

Some more of my favorite patterns

Little Red Riding Hood In French
Pattern Envy
"Flora Pattern" And Squirrels
Caricature And Humor On Transferware Or Prejudice?
Robin Redbreast
The Rabbit On The Wall
Bees And Transferware
Of Mice And Men And Transferware

I hope you continue to read and enjoy my blog!  Thank you!

Transferware!






CRIMEAN WAR AGAIN (Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose) - See more at: http://dishynews.blogspot.com/2014/03/crimean-war-again-plus-ca-change-plus.html#sthash.tnnNZsl0.dpuf
CRIMEAN WAR AGAIN (Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose) - See more at: http://dishynews.blogspot.com/2014/03/crimean-war-again-plus-ca-change-plus.html#sthash.tnnNZsl0.dpuf

2 comments:

  1. I love them all!
    I recently saw a set of printed jugs featuring Punch and Judy - for some reason I didn't buy them and when I changed my mind later in the day, of course, they had gone. I need a plate printed with "Strike While The Iron's Hot!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nilly,

    I need a plate with that saying too!

    ReplyDelete