Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

DISHY NEWS FIRST ANNIVERSARY!


19th Century English Transferware

I started my Dishy News blog on January 17, 2013.  This is its first anniversary.  It is a personal blog about transferware patterns and shapes that I have enjoyed throughout my nearly 40 years of collecting.  I take most of the photos and write all of the text.  I have shared what I have learned about transferware patterns.  Here are some of the blog posts that have been the most popular:

Thanksgiving and Turkeys on Transferware
Yellow Printed Brownware
Boston Meeting
The Dog In The Manger And Aesop's Fables
Transferware Spitting Cups
Shells
Transferware Toast Racks
Spode's Convolvulus Pattern #2
Pattern Envy
Little Red Riding Hood In French
Yellow Transferware
What Is A Bourdaloue
Wedgwood Water Lily

These are just a few of the 116 posts I have published so far.  They are some of my favorite posts, but I like some of the other posts even more.  Let me know which are your favorites.

Below are some photos of my collection.  You may remember that I live in Earthquake Country, so the dowels are a nod to security.

I mix transferware with other objects.  The orange Fiesta carafe from the 40s or 50s belonged to my grandmother.  The toucan is a Oaxacan wood carving.  Notice the ship diorama in the right corner.  

Brown and orange/Printed and painted


Blue and Filled-in items

Blue and Pink Lustre

My 18th century Welsh dresser filled with blue


Thank you all for reading my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your one year anniversary! Love the pictures and love transferware!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am so glad you like my blog.

    ReplyDelete